Stiffening Silk for Flower Making
Our new powdered silk stiffener is probably the best I've ever used. It's simple to make up, easy to use and the results are fantastic. There are no nasty smells and it is suitable for vegans. It has a long shelf life and will last for months in the fridge.
How to make it
1. Take a clean 2 litre plastic container with a lid. Add 1 litre of warm water.
2. Take one 50g packet of our powdered silk stiffener and snip off a corner with a pair of scissors. Add gently to the container.
3. Seal the top on securely and shake vigorously. Leave to stand overnight.
How to Use It
1. Shake the solution and then decant an amount into a bowl or a jar
2. Take a tray or an old roasting dish and place silk flat into it.
3. Apply the stiffener with a brush, so that it is covered evenly.
4. Continue until the fabric is completely saturated, but not so that it is swimming in excess. Remove the silk and hang it to dry naturally
5. There may be water marks once the silk is dry, however these will disappear once you start making your petals.
About the Authors
Your name *